Drain Cleaning & Repairs in Denver
Comprehensive Drain Cleaning, Repairs & More
When something goes wrong, and your kitchen sink starts backing up, your toilet won’t flush, or you can’t take a shower, you need for professional assistance right away. That’s where High 5 Plumbing comes in. With years of industry experience, we know how to tackle a wide variety of drain problems.
We’ve seen it all, and we know how to fix it all, too. Our technicians offer comprehensive drain cleaning and repairs in Denver, as well as the nearby areas, designed to keep your equipment functioning all year-round. No matter your current drain plumbing needs, our team is ready to provide you with the superior quality workmanship, honest services, and unparalleled customer care you deserve.
Give us a call at (720) 330-4868 to learn more about our drain services or request an estimate online!
How Do You Know If You Need Professional Drain Cleaning?
At first you notice that the water in your sink is draining a little slower than usual. A few days later, you see that the water is beginning to pool and then low-and-behold, a few days after that you are experiencing a full-on drain clog. While you may be tempted to handle the problem on your own, we would not recommend that.
A lot of sink clogs that happen are much deeper than you may think, and the severity is so severe that a typical store-bought drain cleaner or impromptu home drain cleaning remedy cannot fix.
Why Are My Drains Blocked?
Unfortunately, there is a wide range of things that can clog drain lines, often without us even knowing about it. While blockages are marked by gross smells and slow water flow, they may result in more severe problems, too, like bursting and back-ups. Protect your drains, and remember to call High 5 Plumbing to take care of clogs ASAP.
Common causes of drain problems include:
- Hair, Soap Scum & Other Paper Products: Hair and soap residue often accumulate in the drain pipes in our bathrooms. While you can clean a certain amount of hair out of bathroom sinks, you may want to consider putting a net in your shower/tub, in order to stop hair and soap scum from causing clogs deeper in your system. The other major cause of bathroom drain clogs are any items other than regular toilet paper which you are flushing down your toilet. This would include paper towels, tampons, pads, cotton balls, and even so-called “flushable” wipes.
- Grease: Never pour grease, fats, or oils down your kitchen sink. Rather than washing away, these materials often congeal to form nasty clogs, which you may need a plumber to remove.
- Food: Obviously, it is okay to put softer materials in your garbage deposal. But tough food waste like fruit rinds, eggshells, coffee grounds, and any kind of seeds or bones should be dumbed in the trash can. You should also watch out for fibrous foods such as celery and beans, as well as starches like pasta and rice, since these items are often hard for your garbage disposal to take care of and may expand to cause obstructions.
- Rain/Extreme Weather: Your drains are meant to withstand a certain amount of wear and tear from the elements, but storms and heavy rainfall can cause overflowing and blockages. It is particularly important to watch out for this in places like Denver, where snowfall precipitation is heavy, and can even lead to frozen pipes.
- Broken Pipes: Speaking of pipes, you are likely to notice problems with your drains when leaking, corrosion, or breaks in your piping occurs.
- Bad Pipe Installation: In addition to broken pipes, pipes that are installed poorly may lead to slow or obstructed drains.
- Low Water Pressure: When there is excessive sediment build-up in your drain lines, it may cause problems for your water pressure. If you are experiencing poor water pressure, consider hiring a plumber to see if there is sediment build-up or another type of clog in your system.
- Root Intrusion: Root intrusion refers to what happens when tree roots start to grow around and into your drain and sewer lines. This occurs because the moisture in these lines is a natural fertilizer for tree roots. When roots eventually do piece your drain lines, they can cause blockages, breaks, and back-ups which may result in extensive property damage. Watch out for moist, green patches in your yard, a persistent sewage smell in or around your home, an uptick in rodent and insect activity, and slow drains, as these are all common signs of root intrusion.
What Are Chemical Drain Cleaners & Why Shouldn't You Use Them to Clear Your Drains?
Chemical drain cleaners are a popular method of clearing clogs. They typically utilize sulfuric acid or sodium hydroxide to dissolve gunky build-up. While effective at removing clogs, they could do your plumbing more harm than good. Here are three reasons to avoid pouring these harsh chemicals down your drain.
1. Chemical drain cleaners often cause corrosion
As we mentioned earlier, chemical drain cleaners use harsh chemicals as their main ingredients. Because of this, they not only destroy whatever is clogged in your drains but also your plumbing system. The interior of your pipes may sustain damage, potentially costing thousands of dollars in repairs.
2. Chemical drain cleaners are a safety hazard
Specifically, the harsh chemicals found in these drain cleaners can be especially harmful to young children and pets. Additionally, not adhering to the safety warnings on the bottles of chemical drain cleaners could result in skin and eye irritations or worse. Dangerous chemical reactions can also occur if you mix different brands of drain cleaner together. If you insist on using this product, follow the precautions outlined on the bottle (i.e. wear a breathing mask, protective eye equipment, and rubber gloves.) Serious, this stuff is nothing to mess with.
3. Chemical drain cleaners are not environmentally friendly
Because drain cleaners are emptied down your drains, there is always the risk that they get flushed out into the environment. This means that they could be introduced into the water stream, where they pose many health and environmental threats.
Alternatives to Chemical Drain Cleaners
Now that you know the risks associated with chemical drain cleaners, let's look at a few potential alternatives you can use to effectively clean your drains. A few methods include:
Prevention: Although it can be difficult, try not to allow long hair, food products, or hygiene products to fall into your drains. That’s why we recommend using a drain screen or strainer. To maintain free-flowing pipes, you can use a homemade solution of white vinegar, baking soda, and water. Pour this mixture down your drains once a month and flush with hot water. While it won’t bust clogs, it will help purge thin layers gunky build-up.
Enzyme-Based Drain Cleaners: Like the baking soda and vinegar mixture, an enzyme treatment will also keep pipes running smoothly. Enzymes are bacteria that feed on organic matter, such as hair, mold, algae and other common clog-causers. This all-natural solution is safe and effective. Contact us today at High 5 Plumbing to purchase our recommended enzyme cleaner, Bioclean.
Clean the Pipe: In some cases, the best way to clean out your drains is by cleaning the pipe with a pipe brush. Simply run the brush down the pipe and gently scrub away caked-on grime. Make this part of your monthly maintenance routine.
Call in the Pros: Ultimately, the best way to clear pipes of stubborn clogs is to hire a professional plumber. Plumbers use specialized tools such as a plumber’s snake and hydro-jets to safely remove clogs without causing any undue damage to your plumbing system.
If you have any plumbing inquiries, feel free to reach out to us at High 5 Plumbing at (720) 330-4868.
Schedule a Video Sewer Line Inspection
The good news is that if you do need drain repairs in Denver, High 5 Plumbing offers a range of effective options. With our video inspections, we can identify problems deep within your lines. And thanks to modern technology, it is now easier than ever for our drain repair professionals to replace your lines without creating a mess on your property.
Why Choose High 5 Plumbing?
Professional plumbers have all of the tools and knowledge needed to ensure that any problems you experience with your drain will not be troubling you in the future. With the help of the plumbing team at High 5 Plumbing, your drain issues can be solved and you won’t have to worry about that same drain being clogged for a long time!
Call High 5 Plumbing at (720) 330-4868 today - video chats available.
When Should I Schedule Drain Cleaning?
Your home’s drains and pipes quietly remove thousands of gallons of wastewater from your home every year without you even giving them a second thought. However, when hair, food scraps, feminine hygiene products, toys, and other foreign objects make their way into your drains, they can lead to serious problems. While sometimes it’s obvious you need drain cleaning (when your bathroom sink is completely stopped-up, or there’s gurgling in your kitchen drains, for example), it can sometimes be more difficult to tell if you have an issue on your hands.
Some of the common signs that it might be time to schedule drain cleaning in Denver include:
- Water moving more slowly than usual
- Noticeable foul odor/sewage smell around your drains
- Presence of mold and/or mildew
- Stubborn or recurring clogs
- Lush, damp spots around your yard
The sooner you address a drain issue, the better chance you have of stopping a problem in its tracks. If home drain clog remedies aren't working, count on our Denver drain cleaning team! Our drain cleaning technicians offer advanced snaking tools and powerful hydro jetting equipment to get rid of even the toughest clogs, and to help scrub your drains so they flow like new again. Call us today for cleaning and preventative maintenance to reduce your risk of serious emergencies in the future, and help your drains run smoothly for years to come.
We Use Bio-Clean: A Natural Solution for Drain Cleaning
Here at High 5 Plumbing, our Denver drain cleaning team is proud to use Bio-Clean products for every drain-cleaning job. Bio-Clean is an all-natural solution that’s both harmless to your plumbing and remarkably effective at removing grime, waste, and organic material that so often clogs up your drain lines. Caustic drain cleaners run along the bottom of your pipes, corroding the sidewalls and only partially fixing the problem. Bio-Clean is a solution of live bacteria that actively seek out organic material and eat away at it, creating harmless byproducts of carbon dioxide, water, and mineral ash, all of which are easily treated at local sewage plants.
Benefits of using Bio-Clean on your drains include:
- Bio-Clean is completely safe for people of all ages, plants, pets, and anyone else in your home.
- Bio-Clean’s ability to remove grimy clogs from pipes is unmatched by any other product on the market today.
- Bio-Clean does not contain toxic chemicals found in store-bought drain cleaners.
- Bio-Clean cleans your entire plumbing system with just one dose!
Stop stressing about your slow-draining sink and never worry about a corrosive drain cleaner eating away your plumbing again. Get a Bio-Clean drain treatment from the professionals at High 5 Plumbing instead, and experience the benefits of clean and clear drains for yourself!
Top-Quality Drain Services from a Team That Cares
At High 5 Plumbing, our Denver drain cleaning team believes in providing our customers with the highest level of service in the industry. We not only offer top-quality drain services in Denver, we back those services up with honest, ethical recommendations and advice, as well as an unmatched level of customer care. We strive to make the service process easier and more affordable, and provide a number of military and senior discounts, on top of financing options and coupons for drain cleaning and more. High 5 Plumbing is more than just your local plumbing company—we’re a part of the community. We stay active in area events and work hard to give back to the people who supports our business. For Denver drain experts who love what they do and are committed to delivering customer satisfaction, call High 5 Plumbing today.
For drain cleaning and repairs that always end in a high five, call High 5 Plumbing (720) 330-4868.